Read Faster Using this App

Studies have shown that when you are reading, only about 20% of your time is spent to process content while the remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from one word to another and scanning for the next Optimal Recognition Point. This means that you can realistically increase your reading speed since you waste a lot of time to scan what you read. Imagine being able to use 100% of your time to process content. Not only will this speed you up but also increase retention.

In line with this, an app was developed in order to completely eliminate having to physically move your eyes from one word to another and boost how fast you can read. Check this out:
read faster


As you can notice, the words are given to you one at a time at a steady rate of 250 words per minute. A red letter at the middle of each word is provided in order to facilitate concentration.

At a rate of 250 words per minute, you could finish J.K Rowling’s book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (which has 11,892 words and 128 pages) in just 48 minutes! That’s a pretty good feat. Imagine if that was a textbook. You could finish all your lessons in just one day.

Let’s go a little faster shall we? Try this out:
read faster


That’s 350 words per minute for you. If you would read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at this speed, you could finish it in merely 34 minutes! It would also take you only 5 hours to read Paula Hawkins’ The Girl on the Train which consists of 320 pages (UK) and 104,160 words at this same speed. Imagine finishing two complete books in one day.

*The Girl on the Train is the fastest-selling adult hardcover novel in history, and it spent over four months on the New York Times Bestseller List following its release. Don’t miss this.

Are you still with me? Let’s try 500 words per minute:
read faster

Welp, that’s 500 words per minute. It’s kinda hard to keep up with this speed. But if you can handle it, you can finish The Girl on the Train in just 3 hours and 30 minutes and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them just 23 minutes.

What app can do this? Spritz.

More Awesome Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *